The first day began with a fast running stage in the central parts of host city Baise, there was some obstacles along the course where all teams were required to manage.
We had already lost about 30 sec on team Redbull & Kolumb who sprinted in a high pace meanwhile we where holding our pace plan for this stage.
At the transition to mtb we came up with the leading teams. We left the transition with team Peak from Australia and team Kolumb from China.
We where the strongest team and could get up in front and stretch out the lead to the other teams.
The lead was 8min at the next transition, which where mountain trailrunning course which ended up in a 2km long cave. Where nice to get inside the cool cave, because it is very hot outside.
After the cave we abseiled 80 meter down to another cave and did a short sprint to the finishline.
Tomorrow will be a hard day with:
1. Swimming 500meters
2. Kayak 12km (estimated fastest time 90min)
3. MTB 32km with an evelation of 2500meter (estimated fastest time 150min)
4. Rest 15min
5. Stair running 7.5km (estimated fastest time 80min)
6. Adventure skills (estimated fastest time 10min)
7. Running 2.5km.
Result from day 1:
1. Thule Adventure Team, Sweden
2. Team XX, China, +10min
3. Team Kolumb, China +12min
4. Team Peak, Australia, +15min
5. Team Chapionsystem, HongKong, +32min
6. Team Redbull, Asia International, +45min
7. Team Multisport.fi, Finland, +1.02h